If you have a smaller project we can cut the roll to a half size. This would be a total of 50 square feet (48″ X 12.5′) We can also deliver product if needed.
Serenity Ultimate Underlay™ for Nailed Down Wood Floors
Serenity Ultimate Underlay™ is the perfect solution and easy to install. Great for both impact and ambient noise. Good for new or restoration projects. Compatible with all carpet types. It adds mass to a wood floor assembly along with flexibility.
Your wood flooring soundproofing solution
- Higher STC Rating (sound blocking) of 55 — adds tremendous weight to the floor, blocking airborne sound from TV, stereo, voices and more.
- Higher IIC Rating (footstep blocking) of 53 — absorbs the noise from footsteps on rigid floors.
- Breaks the direct connection to the floor framing by “floating” a new subfloor.
- An excellent option when compared to gypsum topping and two layers of plywood.
- Hardwood flooring can be glued down directly to Serenity Ultimate Underlay
Underlays for your specific needs
Available in thicknesses from 1/8″ (3.2mm) thru ½” (11.5mm), we stock the right underlay for your project. While thinner underlays such as 1/8″ (3.2mm) are typically appropriate for floating wood floors on concrete and thicker underlays such as ½” (11.5mm) are most often used for nailed down floors, your particular application may have a different solution.